Military Self-Storage Units
At EZ Storage, we support our troops and offer a convenient way for active military members to store their belongings when they’re overseas or on assignment stateside. We know that military travel means needing storage frequently, and we’re here to help.
We understand that military service can take you anywhere in the world at any time, so EZ Storage takes the worry out of storing your property while you’re away. You may not have the storage space to keep your personal belongings safe while you’re gone, and that’s why we offer monthly lease options so you can store your things for the time you need and pick them up when you get home. Instead of worrying about your items, you can focus on your mission and your dedication to your country.
Common Reasons for Using Military Storage
There are a number of common reasons you might need to take advantage of military storage, including:
- Moving between bases. If you’re moving to a new base, you might not immediately have a home to move into at your new location, and self-storage can come in handy while you look for new accommodations.
- Overseas deployment. It’s possible that you’re heading overseas, and you might not be sure when you’ll be back stateside. Planning for storage can be tough when you don’t know your return date, and you don’t want to pay for a space for longer than you need. Every one of our storage centers offers monthly leases, which means you pay for the time you need, rather than being locked into a long-term contract.
- Vehicle storage. If you’re heading overseas, you probably won’t be shipping your vehicle there too. Private self-storage is the best way to make sure your vehicle stays safe while you’re abroad.
- Sudden moves. PCS orders can require you to move with only a few weeks’ notice. Taking advantage of military storage can help you keep your belongings safe and avoid clutter and hassle when you’re setting up shop in your new home.
Active Military Discount
Joining the military is a big step for anyone, and if you’ve signed up for the Navy, the Army, the Marines, or any branch of the armed forces, then you might not know what the future has in store. At EZ Storage, we’re proud to serve those who serve our country, and we always offer a 10% monthly discount to active military personnel.
Online, Easy-to-Set Up Payments
The last thing you want to be worrying about when you’re abroad or moving between bases is whether or not you paid your storage unit rent. That’s why EZ Storage makes it, well, easy to pay your bill online, set up a recurring charge or auto pay, or even send a check via the mail.
Emergency Contact to Manage Your Account
When you sign up for service in the armed forces, chances are you’ll be away from home for months at a time. You do everything you can to get your things in order before you leave, but if you have to leave for basic training or you’re received new deployment orders, you may have to depart sooner than you anticipated.
Instead of leaving the burden of finding a place for your things on your friends and family, you can place them in charge of a storage unit at one of our convenient and accessible facilities. If you designate an emergency contact, he or she can manage your account and handle the placement and removal of your belongings as needed. Our staff is always ready to help however they can with your storage needs.
Military Storage Near You
EZ Storage has a number of US locations conveniently located near major military bases. Our primary locations include:
- Detroit, Michigan, if you’re stationed at the Detroit Arsenal Army Base in Warren, Michigan, or Selfridge ANGB Air Force Base in Harrison, Michigan.
- St. Louis, Missouri, if you’re stationed at Fort Leonard Wood Army Base in Pulaski, Missouri, or Whiteman Air Force Base in Johnson, Missouri.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, if you’re stationed at Carlisle Barracks Army Base in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, or Tobyhanna Army Depot Base in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, if you’re stationed at New Cumberland Army Depot Army Base in Fairview , Pennsylvania, or Letterkenny Army Depot Army Base in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we’ve brought together answers to some frequently asked questions about military storage.
Does EZ Storage offer monthly storage options?
Military service can also be very unpredictable, with a soldier having to leave at a moment’s notice for a new assignment. With our month-to-month storage leases, you don’t have to worry about paying for storage longer than you need, and if you need to rent a storage space at a moment’s notice, we’re here to help.
Does EZ Storage offer a military discount?
EZ Storage is proud to support our troops and offer affordable and convenient storage when they need it most. Active military personnel receive a 10 percent monthly discount on their storage units.
What type of security features do EZ Storage units offer for my belongings?
Above all, we want you to feel confident that your belongings are safe and sound while you’re serving your country. Our facilities offer state-of-the-art security features, including 24/7 video surveillance, computer-controlled gate access, and well-lit facilities.
Can I store my car in a storage unit while I'm deployed?
Yes. EZ Storage offers a variety of storage options for cars, trucks, RVs, boats, and more. You can find more information about our vehicle storage options on our Vehicle Storage Page.
Do you have any move-in specials?
EZ Storage periodically offers specials and deals for individuals looking to move into a storage unit. You can check out the latest, location-specific deals on our EZ Storage Specials page.