About Evergreen Road
Evergreen Road is a major thoroughfare that runs north-south from Southfield to Dearborn, two suburbs west of Detroit, Michigan. The city of Southfield has a population of just over 70,000, while Dearborn has a population of more than 90,000. Both cities offer easy access to Detroit, helping to make Evergreen Road a busy thoroughfare.
Living Near Evergreen Road
Connecting Southfield and Dearborn, Evergreen Road offers its residents a comparatively suburban feel, complete with a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, and parks, while still remaining close to a number of major urban centers. Many residents rent their homes or apartments, and the area is a popular destination for young professionals.
Local Communities Along Evergreen Road
Evergreen Road is located just to the west of Detroit, so you’ll always have something to do, but there are also plenty of activities nearby. Our convenient self-storage solutions are located right by a number of local businesses, including Mike Morris Law Firm, Tel-Twelve Mall, The Westin, and Southfield Town Center.
Evergreen Road is served by the Southfield Public Schools system, which serves nearly 6,000 students located in the area.
- Pre-schools/day-care centers. Sunrise Childcare Center, Childtime of Lathrup Village, Childtime of Southfield.
- Elementary schools. Children's Technological Academy, Morris Adler Elementary School, Pyramid Elementary School.
- Middle/Junior High Schools. Alice M. Birney K-8 School, Glenn W. Levey Middle School, Clarenceville Middle School.
- High Schools. Southfield High School, Southfield Public Schools John W. English.
- Colleges/Universities. Lawrence Technological University, Central Michigan University Southfield Center, Oakland Community College Southfield Campus, Siena Heights University, Specs Howard School of Media Arts, Spring Arbor University, University of Phoenix.
Shopping and restaurants
When it comes to shopping and eating, you’ll never be too far from an awesome experience on Evergreen Road.
- Notable businesses. Doll House, My Dream Bridal Salon.
- Malls and shopping centers. Seven and Evergreen Plaza, Southfield Town Center.
- Big box stores. Michaels, Meijer, DSW, Office Depot, Home Depot, Target, Ulta.
- Restaurants. Kerby’s Koney Island, The Original Pancake House, CK Mediterranean, Las Cazuelas, Fuddruckers, Skyline Club, The Bread Basket.
When it comes to exciting entertainment options, gorgeous parks, and historical attractions, Evergreen Road doesn’t disappoint.
- Attractions and landmarks. Bauveric Woods Park, Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve, Catalpa Oaks, Detroit Zoo, Inglenook Park, Valley Woods Nature Preserve, The Burgh Historical Park.
- Parks, trails, and recreation areas. Civic Center Park Pavilion, Brace Park.
- Nearby cities and towns to check out. Oak Park, Berkley, Beverly Hills, Royal Oak, Ferndale, Birmingham, Farmington Hills, Dearborn Heights.
Moving to Evergreen Road
Evergreen Road is a great place to live, and you shouldn’t let the ordinary hassle of moving cloud your experience of putting down roots. If you’re planning a move to the area, you’ll be glad to know that Evergreen Road offers easy access to or intersects with a number of highways and expressways, including I-275, I-75, 696, and the Southfield Freeway.
You’ll have plenty of options when it comes to finding an apartment or home, but to make finding a place to live easier, we’ve brought together some popular housing options on Evergreen Road below:
- Apartments. Evergreen Place Apartments, Radius at Ten Mile, Evergreen Woods Apartments.
- Condos. Park Place at Town Center Condominium, Sutton Place, Five Thousand Town Center Condos.
- Assisted living/Senior living facilities. Senior Qyze Senior Care & Assisted Living Care, Franklin Terrace Senior Living, Park House Southfield Senior Living.
When you’re prepping for your big move, don’t forget that a seamless self-storage solution can make the entire experience less stressful. At EZ Storage, we offer a wide variety of sizing options, so you’ll be sure to find something that meets your needs perfectly.
We’ve brought together some answers to a few common questions about living on Evergreen Road.
Is Southfield, Michigan, a good place to live?
Southfield, Michigan, is a great place to live. Why is that? Southfield is consistently ranked one of the nation’s best metro-area suburbs to live in, thanks to its large commercial district, excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and affordable housing.
What is Southfield, Michigan, famous for?
Besides its local history, Southfield is known for being a popular office-space hub for Fortune 500 companies, including Lear Corporations, Yahoo! Inc., Ram's Horn, Microsoft Corporation, Eaton Corporation, BASF Corporation Automotive, and others.