About Chippewa Street
St. Louis is the largest city in Missouri, with a population of 2.8 million in the bi-state metropolitan area. Located at the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, St. Louis was founded in the mid-1700s by French fur traders, and since then has had a diverse and active history. Chippewa Street is the portion of Missouri Route 366 located in St. Louis. The well-known, popular thoroughfare runs east-west from Jefferson Avenue to the River des Peres.
Living Near Chippewa Street
St. Louis is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US. Why is that? Its cheap cost of living, impressive job market (think exciting startups and global, name-brand companies), and abundance of attractions and activities make it an incredible place to settle down. Just know that if you’re not already a sports fan, you will be one when you start living here.
Local Communities Along Chippewa Street
Chippewa Street is located in the heart of St. Louis, so you’ll always have something to do. We’ve brought together a long list of exciting attractions, restaurants, and communities in the area.
St. Louis is served by the St. Louis Public Schools system, the Affton School district, and the Mehlville School district, which together serve nearly 40,000 students. All of which means you'll have plenty of schooling options to consider.
- Pre-schools/day-care centers. Hampton KinderCare, Mary Margaret Daycare, Luv-Kizs Daycare & Preschool.
- Elementary schools. Elementary School, Woerner Elementary, Oak Hill Elementary.
- Middle/Junior High Schools. Marian Middle School, Long Middle School, Bayless Junior High.
- High Schools. St Mary's High School, Roosevelt High School.
- Colleges/Universities. St. Louis University, Washington University, St. Louis Community College, Parks College of St. Louis, Concordia University, Harris-Stowe State University.
Shopping and restaurants
When it comes to shopping and eating, you’ll never be too far from an awesome experience in St. Louis.
- Notable local businesses and companies. Monsanto, Anheuser Busch.
- Malls and shopping centers. St. Louis Galleria, Gravois Plaza, Southtown Centre, Hampton Village.
- Big box stores. Target, Home Depot, Walmart.
- Restaurants. Nonna’s Italian Restaurant, Thurman’s in Shaw, Cusanelli’s Restaurant, Protzel’s Deli, The Best Steakhouse, Mama’s On the Hill, Adriana’s, Cunetto House of Pasta, Grbic Restaurant.
When it comes to exciting entertainment options, gorgeous parks, and historical attractions, St. Louis doesn’t disappoint.
- Attractions. Gateway Arch, St. Louis City Museum, St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Art Museum, St. Louis History Museum, Missouri Botanical Garden.
- Landmarks. Old Courthouse, Apotheosis of St. Louis, Samuel Cupples House, Statue of the Naked Truth, Bissell Street Water Tower, Cathedral Basilica, Jefferson Memorial, City Garden Sculpture Park.
- Parks, trails, and recreation areas. Forest Park, Tower Grove Park, Katy Trail.
- Nearby cities and towns to check out. Alton, IL; Edwardsville, IL; Grafton, IL; Ste. Genevieve, MO; Cape Girardeau, MO; Hannibal, MO.
Moving to Chippewa
St. Louis is an incredible city, and you shouldn’t let the ordinary hassle of moving cloud your experience of putting down roots. If you’re planning a move to the area, you’ll be glad to know the city and Chippewa Street offer easy access to major expressways, including Interstates 70, 64, 44, 55, and historic Route 66.
You’ll have plenty of options when it comes to finding an apartment or home, but to make finding a place to live easier, we’ve brought together some popular housing options in St. Louis below:
- Apartments. Morganford Plaza Apartments, Carondelet Place Apartments, Grand Flats, Bevo Apartments, Tiffany Apartments.
- Condos. Magnolia Place, 4101m Luxury, Stein's Broadway Condos, Water Tower Place, Crown Loft Condos, Lindell Terrace.
- Associations and neighborhoods. Dutchtown, Bevo, Tower Grove, Holly Hills, Affton, St. Louis Hills, Soulard, Benton Park.
- Assisted living. Charter Senior Living, Dubourg House, Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, Tower Grove Manor.
When you’re prepping for your big move, don’t forget that a seamless self-storage solution can make the entire experience less stressful. At EZ Storage, we offer a wide variety of sizing options, so you’ll be sure to find something that meets your needs perfectly.
We’ve brought together some common questions about Chippewa and St. Louis below.
What you should know before moving to St. Louis, MO?
Highway 40 and Interstate 64 are the same thing. You’ll be right next to Illinois. It’s a famous sports city and a famous beer city. Like any bustling metropolitan center, there’s plenty to learn about your new home.
What is St. Louis known for?
Known as the “Gateway to the West,” St. Louis is a world-famous city renowned for its contributions to music history (especially jazz), historical breweries, excellent sports teams — and of course, its instantly recognizable arch.